【Professor】 Chang-Ching Lin
- Ph.D.in Economics,University of Michigan
- Empirical Law and Economics,Applied Econometrics, Time Series and Panel Data Analysis.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, June 2006.
- M.A. in Economics, National Taiwan University, June 1998.
- B.A. in Economics, National Taiwan University, June 1994.
- Independent Director, Mega Financial Holding Company (2018. 7~)
- Associate Dean, College of Social Sciences (2016.2-2016.7)
- Assistant Research Fellow, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica (2006.7- 2015.1).
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, National Central University (2007.9- 2013.7, 2014.1-2014.7).
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, National Taiwan University (2014.2- 2014.7).
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, National Cheng-Kung University(2015.2-2020.7)
- Professor, Department of Economics, National Cheng-Kung University (2020.8- )
National Cheng Kung University:
-- Econometrics I (Master): 2018.9
-- Econometrics II (Master): 2015.2, 2016.2, 2017.2, 2018.2, 2019.2, 2020.3
-- Econometrics II (Undergraduate): 2015.9, 2016.9, 2017.9, 2018.9, 2019.9, 2020.9
-- Principles of Economics (Undergraduate): 2015.2, 2016.2, 2017.2, 2017.9
-- Law and Economics (Undergraduate/Master): 2015.9, 2016.9, 2018.2, 2019.2, 2020.3
-- Programming for Social Scientists (Undergraduate): 2019.9, 2020.9
National Taiwan University:
-- Law and Economics (2 Credits, Undergraduate/Master, Adjunct with Kong-Pin Chen and Kuo-Chang Huang) 2014.2
National Central University:
-- Time Series Econometrics (3 Credits, Master/ Ph.D., Adjunct with Ruey Yau):
2007.9, 2009.2, 2010.2, 2011.2, 2012.2, 2013.2, 2014.2
-- Topics in Econometrics (3 Credits, Master/Ph.D., Adjunct with Ruey Yau):
2010.9, 2011.9, 2014.9
-- Advanced Macroeconomics (3 Credits, Master/Ph.D., Adjunct with Ruey Yau): 2012.9
-- Quantitative Methods and Analysis (3 Credits, Ph.D.): 2008.2
Department of Economics,
- A. Mentor for Undergraduate Students
- Committee of Academic Resource Allocations
- Committee of Curriculum
- Committee of Library Resources and Equipment Management
- Teacher Review Committee
Graduate Institute of Political Economy, Member of
- Committee of Library Resources and Equipment Management
College of Social Science, Member of
- Committee of Curriculum
- Fund Raising Committee
- Committee of International Affairs (國際交流小組委員)
- Committee of Library Resources (圖書期刊審查小組委員)
- Mentor for Student Teachers in Social Science (Center of Teacher Education at NCKU)
A. Selected Journal Articles:
1. Lin, Chang-Ching, Yun-chien Chang & Kong-Pin Chen (2020.Sep). Knowledge in Youth is Wisdom in Age: An Empirical Study of Attorney Experience in Torts Litigation. International Review of Law & Economics, 63, Forthcoming. (SSCI). (Online: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.irle.2020.105913)
2. Wang, Chien-Ho, Shu-Hui Lin, Chang-Ching Lin & Hung-Yu Lai (2020, Apr). New Dynamic Hedging Model with Futures: Kalman Filter Error Correction Model. Journal of Risk, 22(4), 61-78. (SSCI).
3. Lin, Ming-Jen, Chang-Ching Lin, Juin-Jen Chang, Tien-Wang Tsaur & Hao-Yen Yang (2019, Dec). Ranking of Economics Journals: the 2019 Update. Taiwan Economic Review, 47(4), 503-542. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
4. Yin, Shou-Yung, Chu-An Liu & Chang-Ching Lin (2019, Jul). Focused Information Criterion and Model Averaging for Large Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure. Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Accepted. (SSCI) (Online: https://doi.org/10.1080/07350015.2019.1623044)
5. Lin, Chang-Ching & Wei-Min Hu (2019, Jul). The Application of Pattern-based Quantitative Approaches to Market Definition: An Example OF Manufacturing Non-alcoholic Beverages in Taiwan. Fair Trade Quarterly, 27(3), 143-190. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
6. Chiu, Chung-Yueh, Chang-Ching Lin & Chih-Hai Yang (2019, Apr). Technological Catching-up between Two ASEAN Members and China: A Metafrontier Approach. China Economic Review, 54, 12-25. (SSCI).
7. Chen, Yi-Chi, Chang-Ching Lin & Chor-Yiu (CY) Sin (2019, Mar). A Nonlinear View of Long-Run PPP using Cross-sectionally Dependent Heterogeneous Panels. Taiwan Economic Review, 47(1), 1-40. (TSSCI).
8. Huang, Kuo-Chang, Kong-Pin Chen & Chang-Ching Lin (2017, Jun). Explaining Public Attitudes toward the Judicial System: The Case of Taiwan. The Taiwanese Political Science Review, 21(1), 51-112. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
9. Lin, Chang-Ching, Juin-Jen Chang & Shu-Shiuan Lu (2017, Mar). Wage Stagnation? Fact Disclosure and Cross-Country Comparison. Journal of Social Sciences and Philosophy, 29(1), 87-125. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
10. Lin, Chang-Ching, Kong-Pin Chen, Kuo-Chang Huang & Ya-Ting Yu (2016, June). The Research Design and Methodology of the 2011 Civil Justice Survey in Taiwan. Survey Research — Method and Application, 36, 87-123. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
11. Chang, Juin-Jen, Chang-Ching Lin & Hsieh-Yu Lin (2016, Jan). Great Ratios and International Openness. International Review of Economics & Finance, 41,110–121. (SSCI).
12. Lin, Chang-Ching, Chu-Ping Lo & Pei-Ing Wu (2016, Jan). Labour Resources Misallocation from Agricultural Productivity Gap: Evidence from Theory to Practice. The Empirical Economics Letters, 15(12),1-30.
13. Lin, Chang-Ching, Kong-Pin Chen, Kuo-Chang Huang & Hung-Pin Lai (2015, Dec). The Justiciable Problems of Everyday Life: Urbanization, Demographic and Social Economic Characteristics. Taiwanese Journal of Sociology, 58, 157-190. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
14. Chen, Kong-Pin, Kuo-Chang Huang & Chang-Ching Lin (2015, Mar). Party Capability versus Court Preference: Why do the “Haves” Come out Ahead?—An Empirical Lesson from the Taiwan Supreme Court. Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 31(1), 93-126. (SSCI).
15. Huang, Kuo-Chang & Chang-Ching Lin (2014, Aug). Mock Jury Trials in Taiwan—Paving the Ground for Introducing Lay Participation. Law and Human Behavior, 38(4), 367-377. (SSCI).
16. Huang, Kuo-Chang, Chang-Ching Lin & Kong-Pin Chen (2014, Mar). Do Rich and Poor Behave Similarly in Seeking Legal Advice?--Lessons from Taiwan in Comparative Perspective. Law & Society Review, 48(1), 193-223. (SSCI).
17. Huang, Kuo-Chang & Chang-Ching Lin (2013, Dec). Rescuing Confidence in the Judicial System: Introducing Lay Participation in Taiwan. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 10(3), 542-569. (SSCI)
18. Lo, Joan C., Yi-Chen Hong & Chang-Ching Lin (2013, Nov). Healthcare Utilization of Bereaved Family Members Following the 1999 Chi-chi Earthquake: Evidence from Administrative Data. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 75(5), 484-490. (SSCI).
19. Chang, Ming-Jen, Chang-Ching Lin & Shou-Yung Yin (2013, Oct). The Behaviour of Real Exchange Rates: The Case of Japan. Pacific Economic Review, 18(4), 530-545. (SSCI).
20. Lin, Chang-Ching & Serena Ng (2012, Aug). Estimation of Panel Data Models with Parameter Heterogeneity when Group Membership is Unknown. Journal of Econometric Methods, 1(1), 42-55.
21. Chen, Yi-Chi & Chang-Ching Lin (2012, Jul). Information Shocks and Cigarette Addiction: Views from Dynamic Panels with Common Structural Changes. Applied Economics, 44(35), 4651-4660. (SSCI).
22. Chen, Kong-Pin, Kuo-Chang Huang & Chang-Ching Lin (2010, Dec). An Empirical Investigation of Settlement and Litigation --The Case of Taiwan Labor Disputes. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 7(4), 786-810. (SSCI).
23. Chen, Yi-Chi & Chang-Ching Lin (2010, Dec). Threshold Effects in Cigarette Addiction: An Application of the Threshold Model in Dynamic Panels. Economics Bulletin, 30 (4), 3128-3142. (EconLit).
24. Huang, Kuo-Chang, Chang-Ching Lin & Kong-Pin Chen (2010, Sep). An Empirical Study of Informal Labor Mediation in Taiwan: The Comparison between Governmental Mediation and Organizational Mediation. Academia Sinica Law Journal, 7, 209-267. (in Chinese, TSSCI).
25. Huang, Kuo-Chang, Kong-Pin Chen & Chang-Ching Lin (2010, Jun). Does The Type of Criminal Defense Counsel Affect Case Outcomes? --A Natural Experiment in Taiwan. International Review of Law and Economics, 30(2), 113-127. (SSCI).
26. Shaw, Daigee, Arwin Pang, Chang-Ching Lin & Ming-Feng Hung (2010, May). Economic Growth and Air Quality in China. Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 12, 79-96. (EconLit).
27. Chen, Yi-Ting & Chang-Ching Lin (2008, May). On the Robustness of Symmetry Tests for Stock Returns. Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, 12(2), Article 2. (SSCI).
28. Lin, Chang-Ching, Mao-Wei Hung & Chung-Ming Kuan (2001, Mar). Analyzing Taiwan's Short-term Interest Rate Using Regime Switching Models. Academia Economic Papers, 30(1), 29-55. (TSSCI).
Lin, Chang-Ching. Three Essays in Econometrics. The University of Michigan. May, 2006.
C. Chapter in Books:
1. Shu-Chin Huang and Chang-Ching Lin (2013/08), “Outward FDI to China and the Parent Firm'S Ability to Create Value Added per Worker,” in E. Guillon and L. Chauvet eds., Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Policies, Economic Impacts and Global Perspectives, Nova, p. 103~126.
2. Lin, Chang-Ching and Shinichi Sakata* (2013/01), “On Long-Run Covariance Matrix Estimation with the Truncated Flat Kernel,” in X. Chen and N. R. Swanson eds., Recent Advances and Future Directions in Causality, Prediction, and Specification Analysis-Essays in Honor of Halbert L. White Jr., Springer, p.383-410. (Peer-reviewed)
D. Other Publications:
Lin, Chang-Ching (2019, Dec). The Introduction and Applications of the Legal Data Sets Commonly Used in Taiwan for Empirical Studies in Law and Economics. Academia Economic Papers, 47(4), 533-546. (in Chinese, invited, TSSCI).
TAIWAN NATIONAL SCIENCE COUNCIL PROJECTS:
1. 2020.8~2021.7 Judge Gender, Political Correctness and Sentences in Domestic Violence Cases/109-2410-H-006-081-MOST
2. 2019.8~2020.7 Judges' Sentencing Decisions, Anchoring Effects, and Sentence Guideline Information System in Taiwan/108-2410-H-006-009-MOST
3. 2018.8~2019.7 The Impacts of Peer Relationship between High Courts and District Courts on Reversal Rates: An Example of the Judge Transfer System with a Fixed-term Period of Service in Taiwan/107-2410-H-006-015-MOST
4. 2018.8~2019.7 Technology assessment for preventive medicines: Development of methods and empirical applications/107-2627-M-006-007-MOST (Co-Principal Investigator, Co-PI)
5. 2018.1~2019.2 An update of the ranking of Economics Journal /107-2420-H-001-005-MOST (Co-PI)
6. 2017.8-2018.7 Model Averaging for Heterogeneous Dynamic Panel Regressions with Weakly Exogenous Regressors and a Multifactor Error Structure /106-2410-H-006-003-MOST
7. 2017.8-2018.7 Technology assessment for preventive medicines: Development of methods and empirical applications/106-2627-M-006-015-MOST (Co-PI)
8. 2016.8-2017.12 Identifying the Number of Primitive Shocks with Latent Group Information for Stationary Panels/105-2410-H-006-005-MOST
9. 2015.8-2016.10 Plug-in Forecast Combination in Factor-augmented Predictive Regressions/104-2410-H-001-017-MOST
10. 2013.8-2015.7 A Partition Algorithm and Tests for the Presence of Clusters in Heterogeneous Panel Data Models/102-2410-H-006-127-MY2 MOST
11. 2013.8-2014.7 The Common-Law and Civil-Law Standards of Criminal Conviction: Do They Make a Difference? /101-2410-H-001-092-MOST (Co-PI)
12. 2012.8-2013.7 Testing for Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels with Cross-sectional Correlations/101-2410-H-001-010-MOST
13. 2011.8-2012.12 Estimation of the Threshold Models with an Endogenous Transition Variable: A Copula Approach/100-2410-H-001-030-MOST
14. 2010.8-2011.10 Testing for Slope Homogeneity in a Linear Panel Model with Fixed Effects and Conditional Heteroskedasticity/99-2410-H-001-036-MOST
15. 2009.8-2010.7 Estimation of and Tests for Structure Change in Large Panels with I(1) Disturbances/98-2410-H-001-035-MOST
16. 2008.8-2009.7 Threshold Regression Without Distribution Assumption When the Threshold Variable is Endogenous/97-2410-H-001-016-MOST
17. 2007.8-2008.7 A Simple Clustering Method for Panel Data with Fixed Effects and Cross-sectional Heteroskedasticity/96-2415-H-001-025-MOST